Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
A foot and a half!

I started June 27th, and since then I've lost 18 inches off my bod. I'm SO happy about it. Today I'm just taking this in. Yesterday is gone, tomorrow can take care of itself...but today I'm 18 inches smaller. Hot-diggity.

I spoke to my nursery director about incorporating fitness activities with the children I watch every weekend. In order for me to do it, I need more space and there seems to be some contention about it. I have favor for now, and the kids are really enjoying the time, so I'm not changing anything. It'll be a moot point once we hit warm weather again, because we have outdoor playing fields. What's funny to me is how great this is for me. I'm teaching them games I learned and played in my childhood and joining them when they play. I must crack up at least three or four times - belly laughing - and it's so gratifying. The thing about this is, I'm the only one doing it (we have six services/sessions a weekend) so when the kids come in at other times and want to play these "old school" or odd games I make up off the top of my head, they can't because nobody else knows how to run the games. This leads to lots of conflicts when the kids try to run it themselves, and is a recipe for disaster. I suppose I'll be forced to think big picture a lot sooner.

This lead to a conversation about me becoming a nursery director. I was shocked about it because normally people are promoted to supervise shifts, but they're asking me about overall oversight. I absolutely love working with the kids, and also like coaching and mentoring, but one more responsibility isn't going to cut it for me right now. I'm passionate about doing a few things in excellent over doing many in mediocrity, and I gave up youth ministry so I could focus on serving in the inner-healing ministy. I don't have anyone to protect my time and interests (like a spouse would), so I have to look out for myself, and having gone through burnout before, I don't want to be there again. If anything, the answer is "not now."

In the meantime, I suppose I'll be working on getting this vision (fitness ministry) mapped out on paper. One more thing to do...
posted by heavenlydm @ 1:45 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Good seeing ya Krista. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really excited about being able to continue to decline in weight. As for my life, I'm all about balance these days as I see the havoc it can do, and I don't want to go backwards in any area.

    Good eating girl (one meal at a time, one day at a time). :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER