Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
STUCK!!!
Stuck again – no loss of poundage, but I’m not stressing. I’ve got on my loose fitting blouse and slacks that are screaming THIS CHUBBY CHICK IS LOOSING WEIGHT – WE’RE GONNA HAVE TO FIND A NEW HOME SOON! I was in the pool running yesterday thinking – wow my heart and body must be happy they’re getting a workout…all that blood flowing and oxygen circulating. It’s kewl - I’m hanging.

I was very active last weekend and made an intentional change to my nursery classrooms. I'm now engaging the kids with physical activity ("extreme" simon says where I take them through calisthenics and a mini-aerobic workout without them knowing it; tag, football, jump rope) and incorporating it into our regular classroom time. I had a blast and surprisingly had great endurance for the hours I put in. It was more fun for me (having my little secret) than for them. I've been thinking about trying to get a fitness ministry going for a while and maybe this is the catalyst.

While reflecting on the weekend I was struck by the thought of a person’s sphere of influence. We have the power to influence people - positively or negatively. While working with the kids I’m always thinking about how I can do something with them or say something that could change their current paradigm and launch them to new heights of potential. One word, one phrase, one smile, one hug, one acknowledgment or affirmation, one gift or act of kindness could make a difference. I think for some of us more of these things would have made the difference in whether or not we’d be overweight and/or insecure. If we could see how much power we possess and harness it – utilizing it to the fullest – what a difference it would make in so many lives. Sometimes we can be so selfish – I’m as guilty as the rest – not capitalizing on opportunities presented to us every day to make a deposit into someone for the future. Does there always need to be something in it for me??? Sometimes omission is just as bad or worse than saying something negative. Value others.

For me, today I’m appreciating the many people who poured into my life. My sixth grade teacher who communicated through the millstone of a chip on my shoulder, the lawyer who encouraged me to go to college and to be a great parent, a friend who saw my spiritual potential and urged me forward…they saw me and gave me silver boxes of inspiration. I still remember them and their impact, and I wouldn’t be the person I am today had they not invested in me. I’m so grateful.

I’m making it a part of my daily prayer, asking God to make me sensitive to the opportunities around me to be a life-changing influence.
posted by heavenlydm @ 4:01 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Diane, I must tell you, I always feel so good after reading your entries. You have such a beautiful outlook on things. Those people in your sphere of influence are so blessed and fortunate to have you.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Krista...I'm HTML challenged too, but I cheat by finding what I like on other pages, right-clicking and viewing the page source so I can see how the code is supposed to look to get the outcome I want. Congrats on your links to other links...lol. I'm so happy you've been able to get a grip on things.

    Bob...thanks for the compliments! My life isn't much on entertainment value, but I'm hoping in the end that I fulfill my purpose and that God says well done.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    Don't know how that post to Linda made it's way into your blog instead of what I intened to post for you. I deleted it. Sorry about that. That's what I get for multi-tasking sometimes I guess.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER