Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Monday, October 31, 2005
Another Monday...

I can't get over how beautiful the weather has been for the past few days - gorgeous. I was out Saturday all day and ate my infamous "cheat meal" at the Cheescake Factory. Yum. Prior to eating I did a two-hour water workout, and then after eating I walked for an hour and a half. Somehow I just couldn't eat it and let that be that...I had to buff up my workout and was glad to. Anyway, walking around Atlanta on a sunny Saturday at a new outdoor mall was just what the doctor ordered.

I think I should have an okay weigh-in this week. Hopefully I can get back on track with momentum. I'm hoping to get my bp, cholesterol and sugar checked this week, and that all those numbers look great. Surely something should be improving :).

I'm getting some clothes ready to pass on to my sister and daughter. It's an incredible feeling to be able to get rid of some of my "fat clothes" (no matter how nice I think they are). That's making tons of space in my closet. I've tossed the idea that I'll wait to buy new clothes (for my self-esteem's sake) and am picking up bits here and there. This is just gonna be part of the process/reward system.

I'm trying to mentally prepare for Thanksgiving, between meal planning and strategies for smart eating. My daughter and I had a tug of war over smoked turkey vs. a pot roast. I thought I won hands down with the turkey because a roast would be less lean, but she's refusing to eat the turkey. We may end up with a neutral choice of ham. I've decided in advance that I'm going to enjoy the day without any pressure. I've made it through the fourth of July and Labor Day bbq's...I can' do this one too.

Not much else to log...I'm walking on sunshine (oh-oh...and don't it feel good???).
posted by heavenlydm @ 12:35 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    Good day to you, Diane! You know my very first fall off the darn wagon was at the Cheesecake Factory!

    Anyway ... reading your blog brought back memories of my mother-in-law. She never ever had a traditional Thanksgiving meal. We had lasagna, pot roast, grilled beef roast, chicken and noodles ... never even had pumpkin pie. She'd make peach cobbler or german chocolate cake. I found it odd when first married as my family always did the traditional turkey day feast. I grew to appreciate her ways after a while. Lord, but I miss her at holiday time. Who knew? We didn't get along very well until just before she died. Now I find myself missing her more than my own mom some days.

    Good for you with the clothes. It has to feel great to be changing sizes. Keep up the good work, sweetie. God bless you!

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Sounds like it was a great relationship Karon. Isn't it kewl that God gives you what you need through the people He surrounds you with?

    I guess we both have good taste with the Cheescake Factory...lol. I half a slice of pumpkin pecan cheesecake that was to die for. I had no problem being finished with it - I didn't miss the sugar. It was fun while it lasted, and I was glad when it was over.

    I grew up being the queen of odd, so there was never anything traditional about me or my family. I like that about us :).

    Blessings!

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Krista, thanks for the comment - I'm glad you're inspired. We all need something to help us "stay in the game."

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER