Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Post Hump Day...
How sweet it is!!! Okay, so I weighed in Tuesday night with a six pound loss (4lbs down from last week’s weight and minus the 2lbs I put on mid-week that freaked me out).  As of today I’m down 40 lbs!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!! So, my strategy was successful. Here’s what I did:

Detour bar for breakfast plus or minus an apple
330 cals, 4 carbs, 30 g protein, 9g fat (it also gives you a little calcium and iron)
Detour bar for lunch plus salad w/light dressing
Fruit or salad for a pm snack
NS entrée (or equivalent) for dinner with veggies and salad w/light dressing
Fruit for dessert
Normal water consumption – 8 to 10 glasses a day
I did water aerobics as usual – twice in the five days I tried this.

Basically I ended up consuming 12-1500 calories in approx. four meals, but the biggest benefit was feeling satisfied and being able to give up MY traditional, non-NS deserts.  The downside of this is the nutrition factor.  I take a “buffed up” multi-vitamin that gives me more than 100% of the recommended vitamins plus minerals so I didn’t feel too bad about it.  Overall my energy level was about the same as well.  I don’t recommend doing this every day or very often as it lacks the nutritional balance and doesn’t deal with the behavioral aspect of eating.  For me it was a necessary act of correction to give me the space to deal with eating more than 1 serving of desert, and the reason why I was having that problem.  Plus…I refused to post a gain!

Sigh…yesterday I got an email from a friend and a comment from someone in the office about how they’ve noticed that I’m slimming down (well praise the Lord!). I’m grinning just writing this.  Anywho, I’ve been waiting for people to say something and yesterday I had to flush out the reason.  It wasn’t so much as a measure of approval or the need for flattery, but to be able to mark it as a milestone – when I lost this amount it was noticeable to others. I think it was also a way to address a comment my boss made last month when he asked me why I take so many pictures of myself (his question was how could I tell/see that I was loosing?).  At that point I had already lost 25lbs and in my mind I was like – ARE YOU KIDDING???? You could see it on the Pillsbury Dough Boy! Lol.  Ultimately I decided it’s a lot more important for me to feel good about myself and in my own skin vs. needing the approval of others.  I just chocked my boss’ comment up to one of those insensitive male moments…rofl!!!  

Boy, having the focus off of food has really brought some “heart issues” to the forefront.  I’ve had to deal with some unforgiveness in my heart and walls that I’d put up to prevent being hurt.  So, I’ve had some conversations and repentance, and let some things go. I’m so grateful to be able to be better in touch with what’s going on at the core of my being – I hate being all over the place or not having a clue that I don’t have a clue what’s going on (does that make sense???).  Today I feel on top of things – like I’m riding a big wave.  The view’s good up here and I’m not afraid to take the ride (surf’s up!).

posted by heavenlydm @ 11:13 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    AWESOME, DIANE!!!!! 40 pounds is absolutely fantastic.

    Try to enjoy the flattery that comes your way. Awkward as it may be. You know you are doing great and looking better. Now others are taking notice. Big congrats to you on that.

    Now on those heart issues. Well, I know of what you speak. They are really hard to deal with and get through. I wish you all the best as you make progress in that part of your life as well.

    Keep smiling, Diane. You are doing great!

    Bob

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER