Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Sunday, September 18, 2005

Remember the freedom of being a child? The joy of simple things like taking a ride on a swing...how does that escape us??? I've noticed how necessary it is to embrace the child within me - AND NOT LET HER RULE!!!

The child within me is loves being carefree and wants to avoid responsibility (and pain) at all cost. She has the tendancy of looking over her shoulder in frustration about the past, wondering why God and others did not always protect, nuture, and constantly spoil her (substitute your own words - any will do). She doesn't want to experience any of the pain again - avoids it at all costs and closes her heart to certain people, situations and experiences. She just wants to be safe, secure and...free of worry or fear. She lives for the re-emergence of the previous joyful or simple times. To escape the pain and frustration of the then and the emotional toll of the now, she hides behind food. She has learned to express herself and pamper herself with food. However, she cannot be in control. She doesn't see life through a balanced lense. She is afterall, a child.

We all have a child within that, for whatever reason, needs to be reconciled with the truth. Our childhood years could have been different. Our parents could have done this or that better. We could have chosen different paths, friends, relationships, wives/husbands, schools, careers, geographic locations, etc. Whatever. Everything could have been different. But it wasn't. So now what??? Forgive. Forgive them all. Forgive yourself. Forgive God - not that He needs to be forgiven...but I need to forgive Him so I can let it go. Embrace that child within. Identify with the joys, triumphs, pains and disappointments and....give them over to the Lord. He can deal with these things in us and restore our souls. For me today that means saying...there is enough food to go around. I don't have to hurry and eat so I can get seconds before my siblings gulp them down. The provision is there, and I can enjoy my food in the right portions without binging. Food is not my god. My stomach does not rule my life. Jesus is my Lord. God help me deal with this, or understand that. Help Jesus!

When the inner child is embraced, loved and accepted, hugged, affirmed and acknowledged - we are able to assimilate that in our adult soul. We can thrive. The inner is not screaming for attention any longer. Through Jesus our past can be reconciled with the cross and no longer have power over us. We can be who we were meant to be, whole and entire. I am not two people (or more...lol).

I am Diane, and life is good.
posted by heavenlydm @ 12:05 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Shorty Montes said…

    Hi Diane,

    I stopped by in your blogg and read your post for today Dec 16th, but I thought I would start from the beginning of your blogg and check things out.

    This one particularly hit home for me. I scanned a couple of other ones but read this one completely. Thank you for posting this one. Even though no one may stop by and comment you keep writing. Not really knowing Who and How you touch others. I have been trying to deal with my past and come to grips with some things and let other things go. But I think I have been going at it all wrong. I am going to look into trying some things you mentioned here and Pray this is the one that helps all of the past hurts, pains, things that make me shut down, be able to deal with better.

    Thanks again and GOD BLESS U AND YOURS

    Sherri G

    PS: I hope you don't mind. I am gonna link my blogg to yours. Sherri G

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER