Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Sweet Nothings...
Nothing’s really happening. I’ve been aside myself for the past few days – partially PMS I suppose, and otherwise just feeling under the weather. I’ve been eating more, and have had to consciously direct myself to free foods for wanting to eat all the nuts I can get a hold of. I’ve been slipping on those things and think they’re gonna have to go the way of low fat Pringles (banned from my household) – at least for now anyway. What is it with me??? When I find something I like I just dog it until I don’t like it anymore.

I was struck by a “discussion” on the NS boards yesterday about low glycemic vegetables that weren’t listed in the booklet, but nevertheless acceptable. Someone who said they were a nutritionist gave some helpful information. It was great, and I planned to add a few more things to my shopping list. Somehow there was a focus on onions and when Mary Gregg the NS nutritionist had something to say, nutri-chick negated it. I thought that quite interesting. This is the online NS nutritionist for God sakes! I suppose the conclusion I’ve come to is that everyone desires a platform in life to say what they want to say, be seen, be heard…whatever. Fortunately I can chew the meat and spit out the bones, however, I have seen a few in my short tenure with NS give up because they felt the hassle wasn’t worth it. That’s sad to me because the folks who give up often bring so much to the table, and I miss them.

So…to the combative nutri-chick I say…get a blog! Come’on…do you really want to take away from the NS experience??? Get an office and charge people to hear your “opinion.”

To everyone else, read on, type on…and be responsible about it. When you hit that kink in the road just tell em’….get a blog! Get a life is very interchangeable here :o). Hey…that’s just one woman’s “opinion.”
posted by heavenlydm @ 2:19 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Well, Diane, that is another reason I have a blog. I can say what I want, use whatever colorful language I want and, most importantly, have intelligent discourse with others.

    There are some good people on the board, some really good people. But no matter how hard one tries, one can only take so much talk about bad customer service, difficult periods (somehow TOM is supposed to disguise what is really going on), nasty e-mails and lousy food. I try to make positive contributions to it from time to time and like anything else the board goes through cycles. But there certainly quite a bit of drama on there.

    Anyway, good luck dealing with your nuts (did that come out right?). Probably better to get them out of the house for now, huh?

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    Bravo, Diane! I love it. "Get a blog, indeed." Girl, you're right on the money.

    I hope you get over your nutty spell and can get back to the business of losing soon. I know it's hard but I'm rooting for you right here in Illinois.

    Any chance you are anywhere near I-75? The next time I am on a drive down to FL, I'd love to stop by and say hi in person.

    Have a blessed day, honey!

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Bob...I've told your blog is better than the Truman Show (remember...people were stuck to the t.v. all sappy and crying, waiting for the next part of his life to unfold?). Great reading. I was glad to find it as an avenue for myself - one of the reasons being just wanting a place to get stuff out without making anyone a victim or holding them hostage to me.

    Karon...you've gotta come by. I'm just 10 minutes off 75!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER