Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Friday, November 04, 2005
Grateful thoughts
…Just sitting, thinking about a few things I’m grateful for:

God and having a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ – without Him I’m nothing. I love the Body of Christ, my wonderful pastors and church family.

Life itself and having use of all my faculties. Among all God’s creation in the earth we’re at the top of the chain. What a gift. We’re soul, spirit and body – simple and complex, weak and powerful…an incredible work.

My daughter. She’s one in a million and is one of the brightest parts of my life. In adulthood, we have a great friendship. I can’t imagine life without her.

My family. We’re quirky, but we belong to each other (. I especially appreciate the laughter in our home when I grew up, and my parent’s deliberate effort to expose us to diverse experiences (food, culture, travel, etc.). I love having sisters and brothers, and being a middle child (in the words of Jan Brady…Marsha, Marsha, MARSHA!!!).

I appreciate being born in America – God bless America!!! I was born in a small town. I got to roam the streets with my little, red, radio flyer wagon returning coke bottles (glass – the “real thing”). I can remember being four and five and walking around our neighborhood without a worry or care. I played outside all day long, and didn’t come in until the sun went down.

Favorite things to do: play marbles, rolled my die cast metal hot wheels cars through the dirt (can you say “Tomboy?”), tag, hide and seek, double dutch, climbed fences and trees, jumped fences and fell on my face (ouch! Dad removed glass from my face for over an hour and put mecuricrome all over – later deemed unsafe because of its mercury content), barbie and ken (before metrosexual was even a term!), super-elastic bubble plastic, metal jax, slip and slide, homemade boomerangs, big wheels, tobogganing, bicycle built for two, football, softball, walking by Jack in the Box and Texas Weenies (hot dog stand) and smelling their awesome sauerkraut and special sauces (smelled like funky armpits), and last but not least…walking to “The Italian Lady’s” for penny candy.

I’m grateful for all the necessities – food, clothing, housing, employment…things we all take for granted that others don’t have here and abroad. Thank God we’re not in a war-torn country (physically anyway), or crushed by poverty and famine as in the third world.

I appreciate my friends – all who I hope know how important they are to me and how much I love them. It’s heartbreaking when something happens to family or friends and you end up at their funeral giving them flowers. I believe people should get their flowers (appreciation and affirmation) when they’re alive.

I appreciate the opportunities I’ve had as well as the struggles I’ve gone through, beginnings and endings. Each played a role in who I am. I thank God for every person He placed in my life to color my landscape – whether positive or negative it’s all good in the end. On that note let me mention that I forgot I had an ex-husband (story for a different day). That, to me, was really positive…lol…it just never happened ROFL!

I’m thankful to be employed. I’ve lost jobs before and lived on my last dollar not knowing where the next was coming from. I saw the miraculous – checks in the mail from folks who knew nothing about my situation, people showing up at my front door with money or groceries. God really blessed and I was unashamed to receive the help. I don’t take for granted that employment isn’t an entitlement, but also know it is God who is my employer and provider (and He’s proven Himself).

I appreciate rainy days and sunny ones. They balance each other.

I’m glad to live in a democracy. I’m grateful for those who serve in the public sector, especially the military.

Thank God for lobster, shrimp, chicken wings and asparagus (yum).

I love seeing people perform at their highest level of potential, whether it’s athletes, musicians - whoever.

I appreciate the sound of alto saxophone and any stringed instrument (let’s not have the harp or ukulele please). If I were an instrument, I think I’d be a sax or violin/viola.

I’m grateful for second, third and 97,000 second chances.

Thank God for people who smile all the time. They remind us that there are good things in life.

I’m grateful for NS friends who faithfully encourage one another daily.

Finally, in today’s stream of thoughts…thank God for NS. I’ve made plenty of other attempts at loosing weight, but this is the first with a lifestyle change that I feel I can live with.

NSV for the day: someone stopped in my office today and said “we were just talking about you today and how good you’re looking. You’re a different woman. You’re looking good!” I was grateful for that too :)



posted by heavenlydm @ 3:15 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    Hi, Diane! I really enjoyed reading all the things you posted being grateful for. I'm guessing there are a million and one other things, but you picked some of the best to share with us. Thanks!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    What an incredibly positive post, Diane. Thank you for making my think about the things for which I should be grateful too.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Thanks for stopping by guys. I was just overwhelmed by some of these things and thought I'd write them down. I'm grateful for you guys too :).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER