Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Thursday, November 03, 2005
Restless in GA
I’ve been sick this week and not very motivated to journal. This is the second attack on my body in as many weeks, and it sucks (I’m fatigued and achy). Last weekend I worked in a room full of three year olds at church in the nursery, and every one of them had a runny nose. Tis’ the season I suppose.

I have not logged in an official weight since the gain, but I did recover those pounds and am back at 282 – though the scale wants to wander between 282 and 284. I had to do a Bob weigh in and get off and on the scale three times to get the average (I chuckled). I’m just happy to be back where I was. I think I may need to go down to 1200 calories for a week or two because I foresee a plateau coming. I’ve hovered around the same weight for the last week, though I have altered my water intake. The cool weather is a great host for tall cups of tea and I have to consciously remember to drink all my water. On the flip side, I’ve been adding extra activity, whether walking or jogging in the pool – something’s gotta give.

Last night I stood in front of the mirror to admire all of my hard work (. I can see more definition in my shoulders and the tops of my arms, I can make my chest move/jump (no comment…lol), I can see where my upper body is shrinking (who would have thought buying new bras and undies would be so much fun???), I have a waist on the horizon, my neck is more pronounced – lots and lots of changes. I liked the changes – liked me. It was great.

I bought a fitness dvd (The Firm for legs, hips and abs) and hope to start using it soon. I previewed it the other day and just sat and watched it. LOL…that was sad (watching the dvd vs. doing the workout) – some of the things they were doing were astounding at the rate they were doing it at, but I’m determined to moderately participate and work my way up. Now I at least know what they’re doing. I’m still chuckling thinking about it, reminiscing about the old days and how I’d rent fitness videos, sit down with a snack and watch them. Hillarious!

All else in my world continues to spin and churn. My restlessness makes it difficult to focus on the tasks at hand – it’s just one of those seasons. I press toward my destiny and look forward to being on the other side (of this time and my current challenges), reflecting on how much this helped me grow and the potential to impact the lives of others. It’s all good.

Looking forward to the weekend…
posted by heavenlydm @ 8:56 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Feel better Diane. I am honored (flattered, really) that you have named a weigh-in technique after me. :-)

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    ...still chuckling. The "Bob" is a very effective approach to dealing with the shock of a weigh-in where the scale doesn't budge (surely I must try again...lol). It never occured to me that it may say something else the 2nd or 3rd time. Sounds like something appropriate for a Seinfeld episode :).

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    Congrats on starting to like the definition showing in your body. That's GREAT!

    You are definitely impacting others, my friend. Keep up the good work and God bless you as you move through your day! Big hugs!

    Oh ... and I do "the Bob" too. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER