Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Entitlement
Hoorah…the plateau is broken! I really can’t verbalize the relief and sense of accomplishment (for enduring) that I have for getting past it. Three weeks is a long time to me, but I read that someone on the BB had been in a plateau for six months. SIX MONTHS! Dear God!

That had me thinking about entitlement. I feel like I’m entitled to weight loss when I follow the plan, make sacrifices and deny my comfort and flawed behavior patterns. For goodness sakes, I’m in the gym several times a week, exercising body, mind and discipline. I’m making the proper food choices. It’s a personal offense to me that my body would want to hold onto a few lbs (trying to prove it’s in control), but whoever said this would be about fairness and getting out of it what I put in. Well…I win! I’m not entitled to it, but persevered and earned it.

It’s that same entitlement mentality that got me here in the first place. Because I felt entitled to eat my 10-14 fried wing dings, three slices of pan pizza, soda, ice cream, candy… whatever I wanted, for whatever reason, whenever wanted…for that I gained weight. I wasn’t entitled to those things either. I’m not entitled to them now. I must count the cost at all times.

The cost of loosing 177lbs is having to go through these blasted plateaus, ride the emotional rollercoaster, stick to the disciplines regardless of my perception of progress at the time, put in my hours at the gym and remember the goal and why I’m doing it. Every day I’m counting the cost. At every meal I’m counting the cost. Every time I work out I’m counting the cost. It’s expensive, but I’m worth it!
posted by heavenlydm @ 3:24 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Bob said…

    Yes, Diane, you are worth it. Very much so! Congrats on breaking that stubborn plateau.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    Congrats on busting that plateau! You are awesome and you are definitely worth it all! Keep up the great work.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Hey Lady said…

    big whoo wooos going out to you! Sounds like you are doing great staying on track, and best of all..keeping the patience that many of of lack!! I'm proud of you!
    Sue

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER