Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
It's a Brand New Day!
I thought my life was like a carousel ride before, spinning and spinning with me waiting for it to stop and to land my feet on solid ground. Well, that was just in relation to weight loss. Over the past month my whole life has been under construction, with a change in jobs, ministry, romance, school and moving. There were weeks when I cried almost every day for being overwhelmed by so many changes in such a short timeframe. For six weeks my eating habits were in the toilet because I lost my regular patterns for not working. I still exercised, but ate tons of my favorite snacks - mostly carbs of course. I think at one point I gained five pounds in a week, but was able to take it off by the next weigh in. I didn't know which way was up.

Today I am much more grounded, though still stabilizing emotionally. I have a great arrangement for a job, working for missionaries to Costa Rica, which has been like a dream. I have no big expenses (rent/mortgage/utilities, etc.) and it's beyond what I could have prayed for. My days are peaceful, with lots of time for relaxation (I'm now getting aquainted with deck life and hammock lounging), walks and exercise, and a writing project I'm about to undertake. I won't be in school until January, which gives me plenty of time to get the rest of my life under wraps and make progress on personal projects. Life is good.

Thanks to all you folks who left notes for me. I'm still here and still loosing bits of me.

Blessings!
posted by heavenlydm @ 9:58 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Hi Diane! Glad you're still around. Sounds like you've had quite an exciting month or so. Good luck with it all!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds like God has blessed you yet again!! Congratulations! I , too , am looking to get kicked out of the Chubby Chick USA.. but just started my journey to lose 68 lbs. UGH...

    Good luck with your loss this week. I'll be praying for you..(and me)!!

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Sorry I've been away so long. Like you I have been dealing with personal issues concerning my health.

    Sounds like you are recovering from all the turmoil. The job sounds like fun! I wouldn't mind a less stressful job myself!

    Give us a shout and let us know how you are doing!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER