Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Week 50
Wowwwwa...it's so fantastic to have been able to be at this for 50 weeks. In 50 weeks I have divorced fried foods - especially chicken, subs, extra-cheesie pizza of any variety, soda, juice, cake, pie, brownies and cookies, candy, mayonaise, butter, margarine...Quarter Pounders with cheese, Whoppers, Church's/Popeye's Chicken, Taco Bell, China Wok's egg rolls, shrimp fried rice and crab rangoon...oil, oil, oil - fat, fat, fat - empty calories...and the list goes on. Gone are the days of sitting and eating a full-size bag of chips or cookies in front of the tele. I'm no longer sitting in a restaurant downing a loaf of bread while waiting for the food to arrive. In 50 weeks I am happier about how I feel and happier about how I look and happier with some of the decisions I'm making. I'm looking forward to the next 50 weeks. It's still sometimes surreal.

As I approach my anniversary I dump the notion that I will be at my 100lb loss goal (I'll be somewhere in the neighborhood though), but embrace the new me that has emerged and is well on her way to the ultimate goal. Today I celebrate me (and the hopes that one day my shoulders, pecs and biceps will look remotely like this - I hope to look so good at 48!...)

posted by heavenlydm @ 12:22 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger CarĂ© said…

    GOOD FOR YOU! You know, just reading your list made my stomach hurt. Isn't it amazing to think that we use to eat that stuff and NOT get sick?

    Here's to our being hot mamas real soon!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Congrats on the complete lifestyle overhaul. You have done quite a transformation. The small changes that you mentioned may not seem like a lot by themselves, but together they change our lives. Congrats on being healthier, and I just know you'll reach your goals.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger O' Natur Nail said…

    you'll get there!!! you're doing great :) cheers to the 50 weeks gone by and to the next 50 weeks; woot!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    Wow - you definitely had a great divorce lawyer. I hope all of them are paying you alimony! ;-) Congrats on your almost a year and almost a 100 pounds gone.

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Care: in the hot mama vein...a guy who drops by my office has been telling me how he's not recognized me the past few times he's come by, and the last comment he made was - I shouldn't say this because I'm a muslim, but boy you look great. LOL I'll take it, muslim or not.

    Em: I like that it's the little things. It makes the changes feel less overwhelming, and it's nice that together they equal big results.

    Tressa: I'm tipping my glass (of water) and drinking to that :)

    Paul: LOL...I'm taking back what those awful habits stole from me!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Congrats on the 50 weeks! At least one of us has self control, LOL! Numbers are nice, but results like yours are what is really important. Lifestyle changes are really hard to make.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER