Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Always count your change
Change, change and more change...change...and more change...ughhhhh...change.
Does anybody have any change?
Does anybody want some change?
'Cause I've got some spare change - change to spare.
Jingling change.

My body is changing and the changes are changing me,
And the change that's changing me - is changing me.
My life is changing.
Ugh. I'm tired. I'm tired of change.
It's everywhere, I mean everywhere.
Everywhere I look, there's change.

And dang...while this merry-go-round goes round and round,
My head is twirling and spinning and I'm longing for the ground,
Some ground that's not moving,
A place that's not changing,
A place I can rest from the change and the changes that the change has changed.
Things change.
Things have changed.
I have changed.
I'm being changed.
Can I get a witness?
Things are changing.

I sit and sigh and wonder why I sit on this familiar peak, looking out at orange oceans and fuscia skys wondering what world I'm in.
I mean, when did I sign up for this alternate universe?
Who said change?
I think I signed up for "different"...but the receipt I got said "change."
And I ask...now who ordered that???

As I count my change my perpective takes a spin,
And as I look at the body I'm in,
Things get complicated...
As my body wrestles with my soul and the issues of ol',
Things begin to subside.

Well why the round and round then?

Because I've started a new life,
I chose this one instead of going under the knife,
There's no haste, only daily death,
Death to the old ways, the end of my love affair with Lays...
No more rendez-vous with the closest drive thru,
I have a new love and I'm singing the NS blues.
Saying out with the old, in with the new.

As the old me shrinks down and dies,
Before the new me emerges my heart cries and cries...
I stare Change in the face and yell...stop - right here - no more...Change!

But I can't.
That's not what I asked for.

I signed up for "different," wanting a better life.
I didn't know I'd answered a proposal, yes Change, I'll be your wife.
And so it is. I've committed to change. I'm married to change.
I am Mrs. Change.

The honeymoon is over.
I love and hate....change.
posted by heavenlydm @ 1:50 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living. ~ Gail Sheehy

    So it sounds like you are really living! Congrats on being a new bride... tell Mr. Change hello for me - I think I took a class with him once.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger CarĂ© said…

    Repeat after me . .

    "It's in the journey . . . it's in the journey . . ."

    Hang in there, hon!

    Care'

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Paul - you have words from the mature. I moved to the south to a "slower" life. Now I need change to move just a little slower in some cases.

    Krista - I'm glad I'm good for a laugh :)

    Care - I look forward to reaching the end...really :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER