Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Monday, April 10, 2006
Minus Three More!
The scale tipped in my favor this week with a loss of three pounds. I'm very happy with that considering it's hell week and all. I decided to challenge myself with a little variety in my workouts - I wasn't in the mood for the usual - so instead I picked up a few classes.

The first was a cardio "funk" class where we did a bunch of pelvic thrusts, hopping, skipping and jumping...lol. The teacher kept yelling - put a little more butt into it...com'on...lemme see som'or bootayyy. I had lots of fun and know that I at least burned the equivalent number of calories. It was a sweat shop for sure. When I went to bed that night I felt like I'd done one of my weight lifting classes for some reason. All in all, no considerable fall out.

The second class I tried was yoga. I didn't make it that long before putting my shoes back on and leaving. I wasn't quite with harnassing all the negative energy into a ball over my head, pulling it down and burying it in the earth. I'll pass.

The third class was "power yoga"...I'm not sure what the difference is (minus "channelling" obviously), but I stayed for most of the class. At one point I became a spectator and watched in amazement as the people around me transitioned into the different poses without a glitch. It was quite an amusing feat to try and twist my legs around themselves and thrown them behind my head at any given time. It was a those times that I had warm flashbacks from my childhood when doing those things was very possible, and we got much enjoyment out of it.


Outside my gym life I ran around with my daughter this weekend taking some pictures to help chronicle her weight loss. She's lost just under 100lbs and I'm WAY proud of her. Anywho, while driving along I snapped a picture of The Big Chicken with its moving eye and beak, which is one of the most unusual but widely known landmarks in this area. If you need directions somewhere, you're almost guaranteed to hear a reference to "The Big Chicken." Oddly enough, I've been here six years and have never been in it. I plan to stop by to purchas a magnet to add to my collection, all while avoiding the KFC menu, etc.


The only thing I've seen that's more hokier is a landmark in the southeast known as"South of the Border." Folks that are familiar with interstate 95 know that you can't travel on the southeast coast without seeing the signs from...200 miles out and counting down from there. You just keep seeing these billboard announcements for "South of the Border...only 100 miles to go" and you get all worked up for an adventure. When you're finally there you're in the middle of nowhere - as in the Bates Motel or a scene from the "DuskTill Dawn" vampire movie. It's literally a truck stop with a motel, a couple of restaurants, shops and attractions for the kiddies. There are some good things about this...if you don't get killed you can eat one of the best tamales you've ever tasted and, because you're in South Carolina you can purchase fireworks.



People were offended by the south of the border schenanigans in recent years, due to implying Pedro the mascot is illiterate - an example from their website: "Bring along the whole family for fun at Pedroland Park! Pedro has sometheeng for every juan, from ferris wheels to miniature golf."

So much for hokiness and memory lane.
posted by heavenlydm @ 1:49 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    Congrats on three more gone. You're doing so great! Also, congrats to your daughter. What a wonderful accomplishment for her. I know you're so proud of her!

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    You are just doing amazingly well. Your daughter has a lot to be proud of. Together you two are really changing your lives for the better. Congrats to both of you on your continued success!

    Now about that bird....That's funny. And good for you for not caving to the KFC.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER