Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Thursday, February 02, 2006
I'm very happy with the progress I made in January, showing an 8lb loss. I'm sure I've increased lean muscle mass. My "personal trainer crush" commented on my weight loss and how my face is slimming out :)))) I was perplexed by some information he offered, that it's better to do a very brief cardio warm-up and then resistance training vs. 30+ minutes of cardio and then weights (which is how people are instructed to proceed on their website). I'm exhausted in either case, so I figured I'd do a trial with both ways and see which is more effective. Apparently from what I've read the sea of thought goes both ways, and the concern in the end is fuel stores and muscle loss.

I finally went in my closet the other day and took out all the clothes that I'm swimming in, and will pass them along to my sister or daughter. I was getting dressed for church and couldn't live with the thought of the nursery director humiliating me with her encouragement again - so those clothes had to go. When I was done my closet was practically empty. So - what would any woman do in that circumstance? SHOP! I was able to pick up a few casual items on clearance and the whole endeavor was fun. I didn't have the "will-I-be-able-to-fit-it" anxiety at all. The nice thing was, I got a call that a friend of mine from church had just received a bag full of clothes from another friend who lost heaploads of weight. They were all too big for her (yeah for me), and I am either fitting or right on the threshold of fitting them. When I thought a size was far from me my daughter would say...go ahead and try it on anyway. Well what do ya know, they do fit. Those moments were cool. My nursery director never did follow through on her invitation to go shopping :(

I'm excited about my trip tonight. I haven't seen my mom for a year, and siblings in a few months. I never tell mom I'm coming home - I just show up. It makes for a good visit. She doesn't have any anxiety about our travel, doesn't run to the store to buy all kinds of food and snacks we don't eat, and has no expectation that we'll sleep at her house (I don't do well with the dander from the min-pins she has). Anyway, I always come through the door and she breaks out in uncontrollable laughter followed by suffocating hugs. Then she calls the neighbors and says "guess who's at my house right now?" You'd think I was in the Peace Corps or stationed in Iraq. I don't want to break the tradition - it's too much fun.

My daughter got a neat surprise last night - her best friend gave her a car (1999 chevy malibu). We've been trying to get her mobile with a driver's license and a car. I'm not the best candidate to teach her. I'm always putting on the passenger- side breaks and yelling at her - hallllo...did you see the white line??? The stop sign??? What are you doing???????!!!!!! Ya - it's bad. I'm like my mother was with me. I told my daughter she needed to go to driver's school. Now that she's got a car I've encouraged her to try and get the money her grandad has committed to help her with and get those dangone drivers lessons. She booked an appointment for a driver's test in March, and I'm hoping everything comes togther for her. Thank God for answered prayers.

That's pretty much it. It's February - finally, and I've set my first goal (wow!). I'd like to be down another 40lbs (a total of -100lbs lost) by June 27th, my one year anniversary on NS. That would put me at 221, my weight when I started college. I'm really psyched about this. I keep trying to imagine getting back to my lowest adult weight and what that would look like. It's hard for me to tell now in the mirror that I've lost more weight outside of looking at the smaller clothes I can fit. I now understand Bob's dilema. I suppose it's time to take more pics.

Happy Groundhog Day!
posted by heavenlydm @ 7:57 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    Travel safely and enjoy the visit. Congrats on the new clothes. I think it's great when others donate clothes.

    I can't believe in some states one must register to take a driving test to get your license. I just took my daughter down to the DMV, they tested her, and she walked out with her license (on the second try). Funny how states do things differently.

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Karon - Georgia is all backwards in a lot of ways, but I like the slow living, open spaces, green grass and trees. When you go to the DMV here it's insane, so they can at least make it easier by giving you an appointment for your driving test vs. you risking not being able to take one because of the volume.

    I was really happy about the clothes.

    Krista - God has always been faithful to provide for my family. I couldn't live without Him.

    He suggested 15 mins or so of cardio to warm up the muscles and then 30-60 minutes of resistance training. Then, if you want to do cardio you can do it afterwards (doing weights first uses the muscles before they're all fatigued).

    Some people go right to resistance trng with out a warm up and just some stretching. The trainer told me to just keep doing my research. Of course, I thought about him and his gorgeous bod and how this is his expertise so I told him I'd try his way and see what was more effective. I tried not to bat my lashes :)

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    I think that's so cute that you just pop in on your mom. I think mine might kill me for not telling her. But that's a great plan! Great goal. That will be such a great accomplishment. Congrats on January. Ya done good.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Bear said…

    Yea, know what you mean about the clothes shopping, feels really good doesn't it!

    My mom would freak out if I just showed up! Sounds like it works, have a good visit.

    I never knew you were at 60lbs down, you are doing so well!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Diane, the mirror does lie, doesn't it? We know we have lost more than that reflection is telling us. Thank goodness for the smaller clothing to help us see the progress.

    I hope you have an enjoyable visit with your family. Congratulations on the 60 pound loss too. You are so inspirational to me. Thank you for that.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER