Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Thursday, January 12, 2006
No sisterhood and my pants don't travel
I’m feeling great today, smile on my face and pretty pleasant demeanor to support it. I suppose it started this morning when I slipped on my pants and realized I’ve made more progress and things are going well. I was at another plateau-like stand-off with the scale…hovering within the same two pounds for the last few weeks which broke this week. Being a gym whore, I thought surely there’s not another workout to be had and I needed to look at what I’m eating. In the end I believe I just hit a funky few weeks – nothing wrong, just my body adjusting to things.

I’m thoroughly enjoying my current regimen: cardio for 30 mins at lunch six day a week and 30-60 minutes evenings four times a week; strength training including abdominal work four times a week. I’m doing this for as long as it lasts, not feeling pressured to maintain this level of working out – just enjoying it. I am, however, having people/instructors from my aqua classes ask me when I’m coming back as if I’ve committed a personal offense against them by changing things up. That’s becoming quite irritating. I left the class because I hit a plateau, and since I’ve been on hiatus I’ve enjoyed doing what I’m currently doing – so I figure why go back. On a positive note, these same people are saying how great they think I look. I’ve noticed quite a few more greetings and heads turning at the gym. Nice!

Back to my pants – jeans. While my jeans do not travel and are not the subject of a full-length feature film, they do tell a story. Purchased in December 1999, I wore them (twice???) along with a matching jacket. The first time was while scouting out Atlanta before moving here. I could hardly breathe in them at the time, but they looked so good and were symbolic of a new beginning. It was a very short-lived new beginning, I suppose. I couldn’t fit them comfortably and shortly afterward I totally grew out of them.

This morning when I put them on, I remembered all that I left behind – the divorce and ex-husband I didn’t want to run into on the streets of Boston, a stressful IT job with a company that was constantly restructuring (I had eight supervisors/managers in the first five years I was with them), a teenager with tell-tale signs of trouble ahead, a small church with small church pains, broken dreams, missed potential, etc., etc., etc. Remembering was sweet because I could look at what I’ve overcome. I also had the new picture of me in the mirror who’s healthier and happier and not only fits the jeans…but am on my way out of them. My jeans tell the story of an overcomer. I’m the winner!
posted by heavenlydm @ 2:09 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Shorty Montes said…

    :)
    AMEN Diane,

    I was just about to comment on the other days post and saw this one. I wanted to tell u this there "We Can Do ALL Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Us" Keep On Keeping On the way u have been. Great to hear you are feeling better. Lots of Huggs for U Sis.

    Sherri G AKA Shorty G

     
  • At 12:05 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    What a great post! You are the winner. And thank you for entering the term gym whore into my vocabulary. I love it! Congrats on how far you have come with your life. Our physical transformations are important, but it's really only part of the equation. You have a lot to be proud of.

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Sherri - it's no coincidence that my fortitude has returned...I've recommitted my daily bible study and prayer time. It has sorely been lacking for the past six months. Thanks for the good word - Christ is indeed my strength.

    Emily - I feel very blessed to be heading in such a good direction.

    Krista - ROFL...we could be worse things :)

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said…

    Emily is right!! awesome post girl!!! i loved it.

    ~jan~

    aka jannyanne on NS site

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Kudos to you! You are such an inspiration! I am always uplifted when I read your posts.

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Jan - I'm honored by your visit - thanks for stopping bye.

    Sue - thanks for cheering me on. It's nice to belong to such a supportive community. My victories are yours (and yours, mine) :)

    Dianna - I can't say that I use that term everywhere...lol. My license is - if it's in the bible I can say it! :)

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    Wonderful progress and fantastic post. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm thrilled for you to be back in balance.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Diane, I will say it again. I so love coming here and reading your posts. They always make me feel great. This one is no exception.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER