Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Monday, November 28, 2005

Me with my older brother


My younger sister and older brother

The holiday was good...way too short. I ate (and ate), but nothing like the past. I enjoyed breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert. When I weighed in on Saturday I was up 3/4 of a pound, but we'll see if that was real or not (time of the month blues). I walked two miles Thanksgiving eve, and a mile on Thanksgiving, and went to the gym on the Saturday after. I was delighted with another NSV. I've always enjoyed eliptical cross-training machines but have trouble with some of the models because of their jerky functioning. When I first started at the gym I could hardly get two minutes in on one of them. Saturday I ran for 10 minutes and walked for a mile on the track afterward. It felt great. The machines don't know it, but they're my new passion. I hope to build up to 15 minutes this week, and 20 to 30 by the end of the year. I'm really seeking out alternative workouts to avoid plateaus for as long as possible.

Everything else is the same...I'm back on plan and still trying to emotionally download since my Charlotte trip. A lot of stirring happened there and I continue trying to process for understanding. The trip is dealing with some things below the surface that needed to be touched. It seems that viewing old photos of my mom and her family, and me in younger years really brought home how miserable people were then (depression and post depression), and brought to light why certain thing were and are the way they are with my relatives. I need to do some restorative work in my family relationships and it's really heavy on my heart.

I came back to work today to discover a souvenir hat from disney from one of my co-workers. I finally got him to stop leaving sweets and things at my desk. For that I'm now the owner of a youth-size tinkerbell hat. I suppose that's progress.

Hi-ho, hi-ho...
posted by heavenlydm @ 2:02 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Diane, I am glad to read you had a nice holiday. I too felt like I ate and ate, but nothing like I would put away in the past.

    Congratulations on that NSV. The physical ones are quite nice. Keep working at it and you will be up to 30 minutes in no time.

    I wish you all the best in mending the family relationships. I am sure that is important to you to do.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    rofl...Krista you're so crazy! When I looked at them I thought you and hubby are a very attractive couple. I'm glad you weren't pasting your faux nude self all over the web. Too funny. Thanks for the compliment also :).

    Thanks for the good thoughts Bob. Now I know some folks are hoping you slipped up badly so they can win the challenge, but I'm with you...slow and steady, slow and steady :).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER