Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Friday, December 16, 2005



These are pictures from my church's Christmas leadership banquet last night. Lots of laughs, I ate well...steamed veggies, chicken breast/small steak fillet, wild rice, salad...and for dessert I sent the mousse back and ate a bowl of the garnish - delicious strawberries, blueberries and boisenberries. Yum!



I got tired of hearing the trinity of...oh, you're so beautiful...I didn't recognize you and wow you look so great comments when everyone I saw began to repeat the same phrases. It got old really fast - I love compliments, but the more they came the more I felt deja vu (yeah, yeah, yeah...let me guess what you have to say...Diane you look so beautiful. Wow, you look great. I didn't recognize you).
posted by heavenlydm @ 2:26 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Shorty Montes said…

    Hi There Heavenlydm,

    I came to check out your blogg and saw your pics. They are beautiful. Must have been a great party.

    Well just wanted to say Hi and let you know I stopped by. I am usually bad about commenting and letting people know I have been around. I am trying to get better about that.

    Have a good one and God Bless.

    Sherri G

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Ummm, Diane, I am almost afraid to say this, but...well, here it goes.

    Diane, you are beautiful and you do look great. Please try to accept these compliments. I know they all begin to sound the same after awhile, but I suggest you get used to them. There are sure to be many more in your future.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    I am right there with Bob. I almost hate to say it ... You looked gorgeous and self-confident and like you were having the time of your life! Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Thanks for the compliments guys. I didn't struggle with receiving them...I was just not use to handling the volume.
    I didn't need the approval of others because I already felt great and approved of myself. It was just a volume issue. I hadn't realized the impact of not seeing so many people for so long, and catching up with them in one room on one night and having to hear almost the exact same comments from each one repeatedly. I suppose someone else would love to have had that problem!

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Hey Lady said…

    Diane, When I was young I had a Barbie doll that had a dress exactly like that only it was pink. My Mom made it for me~ anyway~ You are a beautiful woman! I understand what you are saying...it is always nice to hear compliments...but it is also nice to just have a conversation about 'whatever' and not about my recent weight loss. I like to hear the compliments, but I do not like it to be the only topic of conversation. I am more than a fat person losing weight!!

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Sue - THAT is the truth!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER