Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Monday, December 12, 2005
...A fresh start to a new week, and things are looking good. I went to my first holiday party last Friday and the worst thing I ate was chili. I brought deserts, including an NS friendly one that I could eat (pumpkin mousse). This week I've got a black tie formal which I've decided to not be stressed about. The last time I went the food was reasonably healthy (no heavy sauces, steamed veggies, etc), and I did lots of dancing, so I've got a means built in to burn calories :).

Life at the gym is good. I took my first strength class and my arms, chest and shoulders are still a little sore from all the weight lifting. I did things I wasn't sure I could do, which was a nice surprise. I met the instructor in advance while doing some cardio work and she suggested that I come try her class. She commented that she was surprised at how well I did. The biggest NSV was being able to do the ab work. I've been avoiding classes thinking I wasn't at the right endurance level and I hate the ab work because I always cramp up. I felt like I was on the mountain top when I was able to do everything along with everyone else. No cramps at all. I can look back and say I'm in way better shape than six months ago. Yeah for me! My next goal is increasing my flexibility.
posted by heavenlydm @ 9:03 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    You sound like you are doing great. Great job at the gym. Those little milestones are what keep me going!

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    Fantastic news all around, Diane. Keep it going, sweetie. You're doing so great!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Seems to me like you are kicking some serious boo-tay at the gym, Diane! Great job by you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER