Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Monday, December 19, 2005
Weekend Wrap Up
Aside being sick all weekend, it was a pretty good one. I went to another church ministry’s Christmas party, and was nice. I had my mind set to make good choices, but when I saw the buffet it seemed there weren’t any. I gave myself a pass and ate small portions of chicken picatta and chicken parm, both without pasta. I also ate steamed string beans and carrots. I passed on desert – carrot cake, chocolate swirl cheesecake or New York cheesecake with cherry topping. That was a breeze. The chicken was fried with a light bread crumb coating which was interesting…I hadn’t eaten anything fried in ages. I went to the gym afterward and worked out for two hours. Not so bad in the scheme of things.

My mental state is interesting. I think I’m getting addicted to exercising – or at least going to the gym. I’m really enjoying being able to do more. I think I was meant to be an athlete or something. Actually, I played three sports in high school and had the opportunity to go to college on volleyball scholarship but I was too chicken (fear of failure). I was even better at softball and continued to play beyond school, but just didn’t have the support or direction to pursuit it at a collegiate level. In any case, I definitely feel like I’m building some momentum to push me toward a 100lb loss by the end of June. I haven’t made any specific numeric goals since I started changing my lifestyle but 100lbs has always been in the back of my mind as a milestone. It seems doable.

I’ve been doing some counseling work to help “pretty-up” my insides to go along with my outsides, and it’s been gratifying. A few months ago I mentioned identifying myself with the term “angry black woman.” The more I evaluate things, the more I recognize I had a volcano of sucky life events that I let build up internally to the point of bitterness. I told someone recently that I just wanted 2005 to be over – it was a hard year for my family. I lost my joy. I lost my smile…which to me was like loosing a fortune. I’ve been wanting these things back for some time, and they seem to be resurfacing in my daily life. I can feel things shifting as I talk to people, as my outlook changes, and as I desire to be more and more relational. The inner work is just as much, if not even more necessary than the outer work. I’m so grateful to have the opportunity to turn things around while I’m still young with so much life and relationship potential. Life, family and friends are a gift and our time on earth is way too short to mess around with.

Finally in today’s weekend wrap-up, The NFL Champion New England Patriots (crowd cheering wildly in the background) won again and are hopefully moving toward the miraculous. I need them to be in the superbowl again – it’s a big deal (superbowl party) at church and I run around like a maniac taunting and chanting. It won’t be the same without my original home team. I was so happy to hear the Colts finally bit the big one and loss. Unfortunately, my current home team (Falcons) bit the big one too – we just don’t do so well when we’re outdoors in the winter (gotta fix that). Anywho, to all you naysayers, hear me now…The Pats are back!
posted by heavenlydm @ 3:08 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    Congratulations, Diane. You are doing so much to make yourself a healthier and happier person. I admire your strength and courage. I agree with you. The work on the inside is just as important, if not more important, than the work we do on the outside. Keep up the awesome job, honey!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    You are right....working on your emotional self is square one and all the other pieces will fall into place behind that. I hate to give you "deja vu all over again", but your pictures from the banquet really are lovely.

    Hugs,
    Cara

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Hey Lady said…

    Diane... just checking in on ya! Hope you are feeling better.
    So you are a Patriot fan...*humph*
    I was really rooting for the Eagles last year...but we know how that turned out! My brother's godson is the kicker for the Eagles. David's parents introduced my brother to my SIL in college and they have remained best friends for over 40 years.
    You keep looking for your joy and that beautiful smile...I am sure it is close by. I will be praying for you...thank you for all your kinds words that you leave on my blog! You are such a wonderful person.
    Have a great day and spread the cheer!!

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Diane,
    You are doing such a great job, and you have set achievable goals. The inside is definitely more imortant. I think our outsides are a reflection of what is going on inside. You are doing great with that exercise. I am right behind you with that. Now I don't know about TWO HOURS, but I am starting to get a bit addicted!

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Guys, you're the best cheerleaders. Thanks for being on my team.

    Karon - thanks for being a role model.

    Cara - thanks for the compliment (God, please give me a swimsuit body like Cara's) :).

    Jen and Sue...sorry about your teams. Maybe next year??? -grin- Thanks for your prayers.

    Emily - watch out girl or you'll be working at the gym soon :).

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER