Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
I'm excited about going home for my birthay in a few weeks...yipee! I'm hoping it doesn't look like Emily's Arizona paradise - though very beautiful, it's not the ideal New England February. The last time I was home in winter it was nice enough to snow 12 inches or so :). It was so pretty as the streets were filled with cross country skiers trying their best to get where they were going. There were certain local roads with tree-lined streets covered with snow and icicles, and the glow of breaklights and traffic lights made them look like a winter wonderland. Kids were out trying to get their snowballs and snowmen made. Pedestrians were all bundled up. Everything was white and pure looking, and I was inside a Norman Rockwell painting. (Pause to sip on hot cocoa.)

I'm going to turn 40 and I feel great about it! I told my daughter and siblings I don't want any hoopla. I'd like to gracefully enter the next decade of my life with passionate serenity. I don't want the jokes about approaching the over-the-hill club, arthritis, pre-AARP, Citrucel....none of it. Let's just celebrate the beginning of a new chapter of my life.

In health news, I had my bp and glucose levels tested and the results were quite impressive from the last screening. The nurse looked at me in disbelief, asking what I've been doing. I grinned and said eating right and exercising - all the right stuff. I told her I'd lost 60lbs and pointed to my daughter who's lost 88. Her mouth hung open. It was a nice, stunning moment.

I've been assaulted twice by my nursery director. She reminds me of my mother in that every time I see her, she points me out to other people, notes my progress and pulls my pants out from my leg (mom would attempt to pinch the butt that no longer fills those particular pants). I shrink up from embarassment like any child would, and then come back to myself. This would fall under the category "Do Black People Blush?" She says she's tired of seeing me swimming in my clothes and has invited me to go shopping with her. Before you think - how rude - know that it's her treat. Though she has quite an unusual way of showing her support and encouragement, I take it for what it is. She has good intentions. I accepted her invitation and hope to have the opportunity to ask her to not make such a scene when she's trying to show me off.

I'm nothing less than deflated that the 2003 and 2004 back-to-back champion New England Patriots got the crap kicked out of them last weekend. I'm gearing up for the blue collar superbowl game (and that's all I have to say about that).

(Note to self: since you've discovered the trainer you love to oogle at in the gym is only 26, it's time to find a new crush. Until you do, he's still qualified to be eye candy. Forget what the movies are saying - you're not Mrs. Robinson. Sigh.)
posted by heavenlydm @ 1:51 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 7:36 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    You are hilarious! Eye candy can be any age. Don't you feel bad about that!

    I would let your nursery director say whatever she wanted if she's taking you shopping! Oh, and way to go on the improved numbers at the doctor.

    I'll take my paradise any day, but I do hope you do see snow. It's always beautiful to see. And I hope you have a fabulous birthday.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Emily - I now have a constitution that permits daily doses of eye candy :) I'm also trying to keep from rolling my eyes at the nursery director.

    Jen - my daughter tried NS foods and didn't last two weeks. She hated the taste and the gas. She now does her own thing - lean cuisine/healthy choice/SB diet entrees and her own food. She was actually my inspiration and started nine months before I did by doing WW.

    The Colts being out of the running is for the best...lol.

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    That must have been awesome for you and your daughter, Diane. You must have been so proud.

    I have a co-worker that is similar to your nursery director. It is nice, but a bit uncomfortable. Enjoy the shopping.

    As for the eye candy. All I can say is coo-coo-ca-chu, Mrs. Heavenly Diane. You enjoy that 26 year old trainer all you want.

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Lots of good news, both on the weight and the numbers (BP and blood sugar)! As for the snow, I have only been around something like that 3 or 4 times and understand how magical that can be. As for turning fourty, let everyone have their fun. You know how young you feel and I wasn't bothered by the comments (of course guys rarely are!).

    As for the guy, hey if guys can chase younger women so can you! Go for it Mrs. Robinso errr Diane.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Bob: I am blessed to have accomplished so much, especially in a daily sphere of people who haven't been able to be as productive. My daughters loss is astounding and mindboggling to me as she defies almost every rule/structure I know...but it's working so there's nothing to say about it. To each her own. :)

    Coo-coo-ca-chu, huh? LOL

    Bear: Thanks for stopping by! The health benefits are what I feel best about, and am looking at for the long run. As for snow - having grown up with it I don't need winters full of them...I just like the reminder of how wonderful everything looks and the good times I had in it, so I like to see a little when I visit home. Gosh - I can't even imagining having to shovel these days.

    As for the chase...I'm settling for conversation :). I'm no teaser! LOL

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Hey Lady said…

    WOW!! I didn't realize your daughter was on a diet also!! How great is that? She is doing a fantastic job!! Your numbers are really something to be proud of! Keep it up!! Happy 40th!! It won't hurt too bad!! I will be 52 this March! And I don't feel it at all! You still look like you are in your late 20's!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Deb said…

    Well first of all my little Aquarian---HAPPY 40TH!!!! Those are the best years of your life I hear! My girlfriend is 42, and she is having the time of her life! I can't wait to be in my 40's.

    Now....I have to tell you that I am so impressed that you lost 60lbs. Can you give me tips? Did you do something special beyond diet and exercise? I really admire when someone accomplishes such a difficult goal like that---and it is in fact---difficult!

    Good for you! Looks like 2006 will be a very good year!

    Happy Birthday!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER