Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Monday, April 03, 2006
One Glorious Pound
Loosing an hour this weekend was a terrible experience (the horror, the horror). I normally go to church Sunday mornings at 7am for prayer, and then our first service is at 8am. To think I had to get up at 6am - which was really 5am due to the time change - was horrific...but I did it and managed to only be 15 minutes late...lol. Not surprisingly, most folks didn't make the 8am service and a few showed up at 9am wondering why our pastor was almost finished. That was funny. Anywho, I now manage to get a nap on Sunday afternoons (my family contends with me about using the word "nap" because I sleep anywhere from three to five hours), and yesterday's nap helped even things out.

Glory-be...I managed to squeak out a one pound loss last week. Hallelujah! I can't tell you the shock that read on my face because I was sure I'd be up at least five pounds. The conclusion I've drawn is that we all need a breather every so often - a time of mixing it up and confusing our bodies so they can let go of the pounds we've worked so hard to loose but haven't let go of. I was so grateful for the one pound loss that I marveled all weekend about it.

I haven't worn shorts outside in a very long time - passed all of last year wearing capris - but yesterday was different. I took a nice one mile stroll in our neighborhood park, which I would have continued had a thunderstorm not broke out. I felt a lot less self-conscious about the appearance of my legs than ever before. Later on that night while still in my grubby walking shorts I decided to examine and admire my new form. I couldn't believe how beautiful my legs are, and getting better every day (not once did I repent for the vanity of the moment...lol). They also appear longer which I suppose is do to the lengthening and strenthening of the muscles. My hamstrings and inner thighs could use some attention, but all in all I'm very impressed with the changes so far. I wrote before about the jiggly appearance of my thighs and can now see how much exercise helps. Sooner or later the surface fat goes out with the wash. I was very concerned about it before but am now confident that when I'm done I'll be pretty happy and toned. All this is very kewl right now when I needed a boost for the second leg of this weight loss journey.

I did a little window shopping at Chubby Chick USA yesterday and found that I'm really not interested in shopping there anymore. I went with the intention of purchasing clothes, but because my tastes have changed to reflect a more youthful, playful (I dare say "sexy") me, their inventory just didn't seem to be suitable anymore. I'm glad to be growing out of them and moving on.

I've found that in these years of my life, I can multi-task but much more enjoy being single-focused. My octopus years are over (I hope), and I'm wanting to have so much more control (discipline) in everything I do. Therefore I plan for the future. While this "weight-loss thing" is my sole focus right now and consumes me, I plan for "the" next thing. I'm hoping to line up things where I can go back to school next year and make a career change. I've been seriously considering nursing, which will help me on the mission field. We'll see about that, because after having random thoughts about crappy beds, decayed bodies and all kinds of substances oozing out of different parts of peoples bodies, I realized this needs a lot more consideration.

Happy Monday...onward to a great week!
posted by heavenlydm @ 8:26 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Diane, I love the new layout and REALLY like your new picture! A one pound loss is a good thing. Any downward change brings you one step closer to your goal.

    I know all about not wanting to buy from those types of stores. I want to stop buying from the big and tall for men.

    Have a good week!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER