Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Ughhhh...my aching feet!
I read a post from Renee the other day where she elaborated on why she writes, and on why some blogs just dry up after a while, and it made so much sense. We’re on our weight loss journeys and repeat the same patterns where it just gets old after a while. That’s how I’ve felt over the last few weeks…nothing new going on so why bother to post? Today I’m pressing past it, and will invest in blogging because of my original intent: to chronicle my journey. Today’s entry may appear as though I’m in “a mood,” but I think it’s safe to write what’s on my mind.

Observation worth noting (again)...there’s an article in the New York Times about aspartame causing cancer in rats. I’ve been waiting for somebody to blow the whistle louder on that one. I shake my head trying to figure out why we Americans allow this kind of stuff to go on, and continue to support the companies with our purchases and ingest the poisons. It seems like a no-brainer.

In body news...I wrestle with the same issues every month. There’s a three to six pound gain that comes out of nowhere once a month and it’s not during menstrual week so I’m always caught off guard by it. I have to keep reminding myself that my body is changing and I can’t be a number cruncher. I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing, even to the point of going overboard. I have to keep my focus on health and fitness. I just hate the 3-to-6 stint. I wish I could see my body from the inside out like in the movie Fantastic Voyage, so I could see what’s going on in here.

Meanwhile, I’m still standing on the same ice pack…my left plantar fascia is screaming for a break. I have had some nagging issues with my feet. In the late 90’s x-rays on both showed heel spurs, and I tore my right plantar fascia playing volleyball. After rehab and cortisone shots I was asked if I wanted surgical repair. I declined at the time at the advice of my podiatrist, who looks very much like Jeff Goldblume (I know this matters to someone…lol). He said he thought my weight (mid 200’s at the time) was the significant contributor, and that loosing the weight and wearing orthotics would alleviate the problem. I didn’t listen. Last week I sat with an ice pack for so long my foot froze. When I realized it and tried to shake the feeling back I was in so much pain that I cried. I sat on the floor under my desk, held onto my heel – praying and crying.

Today I’m stuck with the question…why did it take me so long to get here? So many doctors and nice meaning people encouraged me to loose weight 10 years ago and I turned a deaf ear to them. Now I’m like, this is so great, why didn’t I do this sooner? I really can’t believe I’ve carried around this excess weight for so long. I don’t feel like it’s too late, and I’m not living in the past, I just wonder why it took so long for the light to come on. I could have been spared the agony of waiting this out and the ice regimen after each workout. I wouldn’t have to buy expensive sneakers, or work so hard at finding the proper shoes for my issues. (This would be a good time to mention that I purchased a pair of asics about a month ago, left them behind at the gym one Saturday and when I went back for them they weren’t there. There went a “C-note” down the drain. Sigh.) We just really aren’t naturally willing to change until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of changing. That’s sad.

In the pool of compliments and NSV's...this morning while eating my yogurt parfait for breakfast my boss came in my office and said how proud he was that I was sticking with “it”…eating yogurt, fruit and bird food. It meant a lot to hear that from him (not really a communicator).

To summarize, it was a good week outside of the 3-6lb stint (I’m back to normal now). My gym time continues to be fun and fruitful. Compliments continue to come, as well as more social interactions with the people, most are of the opposite sex (oooh-la-la). What is happening to me??? My eating is great. I have come to the conclusion that I’m going to have to adjust from 1500 calories to 1200 soon since I’m about to cross the less than 100lbs to loose threshold. It's a painful thought, but I figure if I do it on my own terms I'll better transition.

All in all, life is good.
posted by heavenlydm @ 10:51 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    Oooh la la is right! What's happening is that you're starting to feel great about yourself. Isn't that just a nice feeling?

    That's really funny what your boss said sometimes we have to take our compliments how ever they come.

    That 3-6 pound fluctuation is probably annoying, but since you know it's there, you can just build it into your weigh ins. At least it goes away. That's what's important!

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Diane, know what you mean. I ask my self the same question, why in the heck did I wait so long?!?! I guess things like this just wait for YOU to want to do it. Kind of what happened 10 years ago when I quit smoking.

    As for the less than 100lb club, yea only 11 lbs and I'll be in the same boat.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Shorty Montes said…

    Diane,
    I think for me I was just depressed or bummed or what ever and didn't want to see that my weight was part of the causing factor.

    I have been unfocused lately but I am working on being good and making half way decent choices in my backsliding self. LOL

    Well I pray your foot gets better or at least the pain subsides.

    God Bless U Sis.

    Shorty G AKA Sherri G

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Emily, Jen...thanks for feeling my pain.

    Bear - I really would like to have those years back in fitness years. Hopefully they'll be tacked onto the end of my life.

    Sherri...WHERE THE HECK'VE YOU BEEN! Good seeing you, and thankya for the prayers :)

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    As always, your post has inspired me to look deep inside myself. Every week is a new week on this lifestyle change, and every week it is a challenge for me to stay on track.....aching feet, tight pants and everything else that goes with it.

    Keep posting! You have a natural flair for writing.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER