Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Friday, March 03, 2006
The End of a Good Week
Though I battled a cold and fatigue all week, it ended up being a good week just the same. I'm just six pounds away from being in the "under 100lbs to loose" club, and I'm excited. I saw some cool things happen in the past week which I think had nothing to do with me being sick. I've in no way starved a cold. Anywho, I could see the definition around my stomach and sides changing and thought it was time to try on some smaller pants. By golly, I'm another size down! It was hard work to go from 30 to 22...but I'm here and loving it.

I sent a note to Nutrisystem asking for counsel on decreasing my caloric intake and here it is...

I'm approaching the "less than 100lbs to loose" mark and wondered about
adjusting my caloric intake. I've been doing the 1500 calorie plan.
I exercise six days per week, at least four of those are twice per
day. In general, according to the machines I use, I burn approx 700+
calories a day doing cardio. I also do strength training for 60 minutes,
three times per week. I've been wondering if I've been at the right
caloric intake lately because I didn't loose much this month, and if it
made sense to move to 1200 calories.

What are your suggestions???


Their reply...

I would suggest that you keep adding the extra foods for now. You
really should wait until you really are under the 100lb to loose mark
before dropping the extra calories. If you go more than two weeks without
loosing any weight THEN it might be a good idea to go ahead and drop
down to the lower calorie plan. Keep in mind that as you loose, you will
slow down a bit in your weight loss and you won't see as dramatic a
change as you did in the beginning though you WILL continue to see a
change.

The Nutrisystem Nourish Women's Weight loss program is based upon an
average intake of 1200 calories daily for a woman looking to lose less
than 100 pounds. If you are looking to lose 100 pounds or more, your
average daily intake would be 1500 calories for the beginning phase of
your weight loss and then readjusted as you progress on the program.
However, you do not need to count calories. Simply follow the meal plan as
it is laid out in your checkbook size meal and don't skip any meals
and/or servings to ensure that you reach the minimum caloric intake needed
to burn fat. These calorie counts are an average that will vary
depending upon your specific entrée choices as well as your grocery food
additions. If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to
contact one of our counselors.

Health Policy: Please be sure to eat all the food that is recommended
on the NutriSystem meal plan. You could be at risk of health issues if
you do not maintain a healthy diet. Additionally, please refrain from
starting the NutriSystem program if you are: pregnant, a nursing
mother, under the age of 18, anorexic or bulimic, or allergic to peanuts.
And please consult your physician before beginning any weight loss or
exercise program.


I thought it was interesting that I got a lecture on what the plan is, how I shouldn't count cals, and the health policy. I never saw that before, so that was interesting. In any case, for anyone curious about such things, that's the info I got...though I felt like had I brought this up to Mary Gregg (if this even is a person), she may have counseled differently because of the amount of exercise I'm doing. I read the e-classes minutes every so often and have gotten a feel for her (him/them...lol). Dunno.

I hope to have a relaxing weekend and go to the movies with my daughter. This is her driving test weekend...I'm praying, praying, praying she passes. Totally unrelated...as I type I've got exterminators at the house to assess our termite problem. Oh, how that sucks! They're inside...doing their thing in the attic. Sigh.

I've been shopping for an online dating service. Ya. This is HUGE for me. I'm ready to start dating again (the sound of heavy machinery drowns me out in the background as the excavating team removes the grand levels of dust covering my dating muscles). I've finally gotten to the point where I feel emotionally healthy, attractive and loveable, and could reciprocate warmth and companionship to someone. I've been hibernating for way too long, and am not really meeting the kind of guys I'd like to at my current venues. P.S...my crush has left my gym :(

That is the latest and greatest. God bless America!
posted by heavenlydm @ 2:32 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Good luck in the dating scene. I hope you meet some nice people.

    Hugs,
    Cara

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Diane, I LOVE the new template! It's so pretty. You cracked me up with the Mary Gregg thing. And I think you are right. You might get a different answer from a different person. That reply sounds pretty pre-packaged.

    And congrats on the decision to start dating! How exciting. I wish you all the luck in the world with that. And I hope your daughter passes her test with flying colors!

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Bear said…

    Ah, another victim of the "new template" bug! This one is great, another nice place to visit.

    Good luck on the dating, I hope you find someone special.

    As for the NS stuff, coming up on the same in about 7 pounds myself. I didn't ask them but planned to do the same. When my loss stops, then I will remove my additional items.

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Karon said…

    I've been told that Mary Greg is indeed a real person by others who have met her. I think it's sad that the answers to questions by counselors are so generic, like the counselors can't think for themselves. That's been an issue for me with NS all along. Congrats on your decision to rejoin the dating scene.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said…

    Ugh. Diane, I rarely tell people this 'cause I never know what kind of flack I will get for it. But when I first started NS in Nov. of 2004, I did something on Google and ended up finding this "pdf" version of the NS program that is like a handout to the counselors and what to say to us on certain things. Because of the way it was "written", it immediately made me think that these "couselors" don't know anything. They don't even all work for NS full time. The counselor I had also had another "real job" and only worked a couple days a week for NS from her home! I talked with her one time only. She was like 23 or something and was not very attentive and quite frankly didn't really know how to help people. I heard later that she moved to Calif. and no longer helped NS. Just from reading stuff on the NSBB about the answers people get from these so called "counselors" only confirms to me that none of them have ever gone to school for this or any kind of training. Basicly, you or I could be a counselor for NS. With no experience necessary as all you are given is the paper with the "canned" answers. They already have it all written down for you.

    Great new template! I love it.

    I met my hubby thru Match.com. I dated some idiots tho too! LOL...I see by tv ads now that Dr. Phil is somehow connected with them now. We are happy we found each other before Dr.Phil got his hands on us! LOL...Hubby hates him and probably would never have been on there if Phil had been involved a few yrs ago. I myself, am sick to death of the eHarmony ads. I don't mind the ads themselves, its the "man guy" talking that i want to smack. they need a different spokesperson. Someone young and goodlooking. LOL...anyway, good luck in whatever you decide to do!!

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    In reverse order...

    Jan, you are so crazy! LOL I think we should start our own business called..."NS on the Side." LOL We couldn't do any worse than them - and...we could maintain separate identities...LOL. If you think watching the eHarmony guy for a few minutes on tv is irritating, try watching his video series...rofl. It was actually pretty good. I scratch my head with Dr. Phil...sometimes I can get with him and sometimes I can't.

    Karon...I think I'm gonna need to meet Mary myself before I believe...lol

    Bear...you changed your template too - what's with all the vibe there? LOL I guess we'll have to continue to counsel ourselves :)

    Emily...she failed the test :(...but is going to driving school :). I hope I meet people who are at least worth writing about!

    Cara...thanks for the good thoughts.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Bob said…

    Diane, congrats on entering the dating scene. I know a few people who met others online and have developed really nice relationships. I am so excited for you. A beautiful person like you should have a blast.

    As for the calorie reduction, I just dropped the extra 300 calories right when I was less than 100 pounds away from goal. It was a little bit of an adjustment, but was not too bad. I wish you all the best with it all.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER