Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Monday, April 17, 2006
Surviving Easter
I did it! I survived Easter with not so much as one piece of candy, chocolate, or gratuitous carb. Okay, truth be told, I did eat biscotti, but stayed well within the confines of the plan. That felt great. Somehow yesterday was the same as every other Sunday, minus the unconventional resurrection day drama at church. The thing that struck me is how the bible stands up to the test of time, and confirms itself over and over every day. Sometimes when I read it I'm in awe of how relevant it is - how my life is in it. Amazing. In my current reality I journaled quite a bit as I'm acutely aware of how much the weight loss and associated periffery are very much changing who I am and how I interract with the world, and I want to stay in touch with myself.

I bought a couple of nice, springy capris on Saturday, and I'm still having the problem of not being able to tell by eyesight what I can fit and what I can't. My mind needs to catch up with my body. I'm still happily shrinking. No loss to report this week as I'm in the crazy recovery time - post "hell week." We'll see how things shake out. I hope to be very aggressive with being 100% and working out wisely. Last week was another hard week on the feet, so I took a few nights off to recouperate. This week I'll be back in form.

A pure NSV...a woman who had her stomach stapled more than a year ago stopped me in the hall at church yesterday, grabbed my cheeks and expressed her awe. She hasn't seen me in a while and noticed my form fitting clothes and new look. I didn't want to give her the same plastic acknowledgement I've been known for in the past with others, especially since she's an "insider." She was wildly curious about how I've been able to accomplish so much and I told her. She was impressed, and so was I! That was funny - to appreciate the progress with her help. Somehow her feedback held more weight (no pun intended), and our weight-loss sisterhood brought us together to celebrate. Neat.

It's spring, beautiful spring, and I'm loving it.
posted by heavenlydm @ 1:53 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger O' Natur Nail said…

    great job yesterday! i didn't stick to it as well as you did. i must of had 10 biscuits and poured on the gravy! i also had some sugar free chocolates, jelly beans, & non sf & ff bunny cake! it was yummy... my mom made it, i'll have to post a pic later. congrats on the nsv! that's awesome!! and to know that you're losing the safe and healthy way just as effectively. terrific!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Awesome job on your eating yesterday. I didn't do quite as well. It's funny how much I find I can relate to others who have their own weight struggles, regardless of how they have tackled them. Congrats on the NSV. It's always nice to be able to share our successes with someone who understands.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    I needed to survive that day - God knows I would have loved to have eaten lots of sweets. In some other life I suppose :)

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Karon said…

    You are making wonderful progress. I'm sure leaving the club didn't hurt your feelings one little bit. Keep on keeping on.

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Scarlett O'Hara said…

    Way to go girl!!! Kicked out of the 100+ club and you didn't eat chocolate on Easter! of course, I ate enough for all of us put together! LOL....

    Love the new blog look! and what an adorbable pic of you for your profile! Love it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER