Heavenly Weightlessness
Twisting, turning, running, jumping...doing whatever I can to drop 177lbs and evolve into a healthy, fit me.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Ahhhhh....summer!
Okay, the summer unofficially began on Memorial Day but it has officially begun in my heart. I can't magnify enough what it means to have such a variety of fresh fruit available in so many splendid colors, shapes and scents. Last Sunday I went to a bbq and brought a fruit salad full of berries and watermelon, and have been eating the remnant ever since. Every time I eat it I feel like I've won a prize. It's probably because I know I'm eating healthy and the fruits that are in season now are the healthiest. Ahhhhhhh. Who ever thought fruit would be such a big deal?

I squeaked out two pounds last week, which is officially four pounds for the month. It was a weird month with having things stall causing me to go back to the table and evaluate any vulnerable areas. I ended up having to go back to twice a day workouts, however, what I'm doing is not as grueling as before. My lunch workout consists of 15-20 minutes on a bike (my new workout diversion) usually topped off by 10 minutes walking on the track. The evening workouts are the same, mostly strength classes or more cardio. I have varied my routine so I'm not doing the same things every day/week. I hated having to double up again but hopefully I'll be able to adjust soon. I've got just four weeks left before I reach my one year NS anniversary and I'm excited about the progress so far.

The most difficult thing about last month was trying to adjust from 1500 cals to 1200 a day. Com'on...that's nothing! LOL I honestly couldn't see how people are doing it. I still haven't fully made the transition but have juggled things up enough to make an impact. It made me take a look at myself and the facts...I still love food and though I don't eat as much as I did before, I hate the restriction when it comes to things I love. So, I'm contending with deprivation. I'm not talking about having something every now and then...I'm talking about my new found love for: movie popcorn (I go to the local cinema just to buy it and not watch a movie), Clif Bars, sugar-free gummy bears and worms from Fuzziwig's Candy Store...who can resist the candy store???



I'm going to have to work out a rotation of treats so I can have them whenever I'd like without going off the beaten path. The ol' pootsies alone (from the malitol or sorbitol and whatever else is in the sugar-free stuff) isn't enough to keep me abay.

And now for the tale of my quest for discount higher-end running sneakers (an oxymoron, I know). I drove to five DSW stores between Saturday and Sunday to save $50 (add'l 50-70% off). You're probably thinking the amount of gas I burned really didn't bring any savings at all, but gas is a company perk for me so I'm blessed to not have to consider it. Besides that, since my original babies were stolen - okay...left behind at the gym and promptly taken by the finder - I had to make up for that somehow. Anywho, to my surprise every store had what I was looking for in either a half to full size too small, or two sizes too big. How frustrating. I finally had the revelation to go to the outlets and found not one pair, but two for for the price of one. I am the winner (and my feet are absolutely happy)!!!

I'm gearing up for a basketball and volleyball tournament this weekend at church and have been talked up by many who are participating. It's kind of kewl to have celebrity status due to my new fitness level. I hope to have lots of fun (and live up to all the hype).
posted by heavenlydm @ 7:38 AM  
8 Comments:
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Jamie said…

    Hi there.....I just saw your new profile pic on Emilys blog and had to get over here and check it out. You are looking soooo great!!!! Beautiful.

    I don't know how you do it. 2 exercise routines a day! UUGGHH! I can't even find my one!! :) You continue to inspire me.

    Good luck with your b-ball and volleyball tourneys. Go kick some butt!! Have fun!

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Sounds like you've continued to do great. And good job with the two pound loss! I too need new exercise shoes. Mine aren't great, and my feel aren't happy when I work out too long. You seem to be back to your gym whore ways. :) I'm sure that will help you out on the scale.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger O' Natur Nail said…

    how are those clif bars? have any favorites out of the 4 kinds?

    i hear ya on the sneakers... no stores seem to carry 5 1/2, and most of the time they're out of 6's also for me; bleh.

    congrats on the 2 lbs - you're doing awesome.. i havent been as motivated lately, i guess thats obvious from my lack of posts on my blog.

    thanks for this, hopefully i'll start putting my goal back into perspective now!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    I am definitely going to have to stop looking at the pictures before I read the posts. I thought that was your closet and that you had re-orig-ed it. I thought man is that one huge closet. Then I find it's a (gasp) candy store. I do not think I would be wandering in there - Howie would just be insisting on too many treats.

    Congrats on the two pounds down for the week and four pounds down for the month AND your upcoming 1 Year anniversary.

    And congrats on the sneakers - I hate shoe shopping - too expensive - never the right size or if the right size the size that normally fits doesn't and they don't have the bigger/smaller size. BLAH.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    Ok, once again, you are making me think about my weight loss & life change goals. I've lost focus in recent months and right now have a "it will happen eventually" attitude.

    Thanks for helping me re-focus. You are an inspiration. I wish I knew more people like you!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Bear said…

    I'm with you on the fruit. A year ago it was something I just wouldn't buy or eat. Now, every trip to the store results in some fresh fruit and veggies in the basket. Who would have believed it!

    Sounds like you are having some of the same problems I am having making the adjustment. It's only 2 carb servings and a single fruit serving, what's the big deal(LOL)!! I can't believe how big a difference that is making and how much I am missing them!

    Have fun this weekend!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger CarĂ© said…

    It's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with all those things I've had to give up. Usually I'm okay, but every now and then I want what I shouldn't have. It sounds like you're conquering in though! One day at a time, right?

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger heavenlydm said…

    Jamie: thanks for the compliment. My goal helps inspire me to get to the gym...that and the fact that I think gym memberships are highly overpriced and I'm milking it for all it's worth.

    Emily: you've gotta find some nice sneaks for those newly painted toesies. Feet are so important that when it comes to footwear I'm willing to put out what it takes to find something comfortable that won't leave me aching when I'm done. My after work-out pains have decreased by 90% since buying better footwear (and losing a ton :)

    Tressa: Hang in there - you've done soooooo great. You'll get where you wanna be soon enough.

    Paul: ROFL!!!! That would be some Willy Wonka closet! LOL I know you guys have DSW up there...I highly recommend taking a peek at what they have. They've always got clearance and have tons of stuff on their floors , and...I saw they carried up to at least a 14.

    Sue: it's good to see you! You can make your goals happen! Hang in there.

    Bear: My only comfort is knowing that in maintenance mode I'll have those back. In the meanwhile...I still have my fruit :)

    Care: it's always a struggle between what we want and what's best. I chew a lot of gum in the meantime.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: heavenlydm
Home: Southeast, United States
About Me: I'm doing all I can to be kicked out of "Chubby Chick USA."
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
The Main Dish

My Progress Pictures
Liberty Church
Nutrisystem
Fat Fighter Blogs
Jazzman's Support Forum

Fellow Loosers
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER